VISION: To offer human values courses with the aim to transform humans into better humans and help them serve their personal and professional spheres with a human touch. The courses aspire to make every human more sensitive towards society’s needs and explores ways of his/her contribution to society in a meaningful and selfless manner, thereby creating a sense of global citizenship and responsibility.
AN INTRODUCTION TO THE INSTITUTE OF HUMAN VALUES
The Institute of Human Values is a humble endeavour by the Sri Sathya Sai University for Human Excellence to help individuals strike a delicate balance between the inner and outer spheres of their existence, while progressively being a better human – who is a better individual, better professional, and more importantly a better world citizen.
To be born a ‘human being’ is a biological process but ‘being human’ is much more than that. Human life is the epitome of all creation and deserves to be lived better than being spent in mere outer material pursuits. Hence, the aim of the Institute of Human Values is to ultimately help us unravel the true meaning and purpose of our lives. The varied courses are open to all around the world and serve as guides on the path of a transformative journey, where the changes that are effected inside oneself, will help transform the world outside.
The Institute has been inspired by the teachings of Sri Sathya Sai Baba, a humanitarian to the world, a philanthropist to agnostics, a spiritual Guru to millions, who lived a life full of love and service. Love and Service were the two tools of transformation Baba employed to bring about individual and collective transformation, which spelt the essence of all religions and spirituality in easy and palatable doses. Learning from the heart is spiritual awakening, Baba would say.
Thus, inspirited by His philosophy of integral education, the ‘Institute of Human Values’ is the first step to help lead the world into the beautiful awareness of its heart – a heart that operates from the universal human values of truth, right conduct, peace, love and non-violence.
The End of Knowledge is Love. The ultimate objective of the courses offered through the Institute of Human Values are not merely for information, but are meant for transformation through love, for love is the highest virtue and is the undercurrent of all human values.
Love as Thought is Truth
Love as Action is Right Conduct
Love as Understanding is Peace
Love as Feeling is Non-Violence
SRI SATHYA SAI UNIVERSITY FOR HUMAN EXCELLENCE
Sri Sathya Sai University for Human Excellence is the higher education wing of Sri Sathya Sai Loka Seva Gurukulam Group of Institutions, and is located at Kalaburagi District, Karnataka. The University is a modern day Gurukula which is determined to reverse the current trends of commercialisation of knowledge, and herald a new goal of divinisation of humans by teaching sciences alongside spirituality, humanities alongside divinity, and excellence alongside enlightenment.
‘ātmano mokṣārtham jagat hitāya ca – Redemption of one’s own self and the welfare of society’, is the principle on which the Sri Sathya Sai University for Human Excellence has been founded. Here, the emphasis is first and foremost on a perfect balance between spiritual education (parā vidyā) and material education (aparā vidyā) or between jīvana upādhi (means of living) and jīvita paramāvadhi (ultimate goal of life).
Sri Sathya Sai University for Human Excellence unequivocally declares, “We are here to remind humanity about their only right – the right to realise their innate divinity and to claim this right without a tremble of doubt and without a shiver of uncertainty. We are here to pare the rind of commercialisation of education, to enfeeble the noise of competition in education and to enervate the boom of money-making education.”
SRI SATHYA SAI LOKA SEVA GURUKULAM
True education shines in the beauty of the spirit and of highest wisdom. It is the effulgence that permeates a full life, and that which leads every human towards the attainment of his real nature through purification and sublimation of his consciousness. The modern society is producing students and professionals with information – based knowledge, rather than transformational knowledge. This has resulted in overt acts of violence; unrest; lack of peace and understanding, in the society. Thus, any amount of knowledge transfer will not be successful, if it does not help with translating values into a daily reality.
Hence, the Sri Sathya Sai Loka Seva Gurukulam has taken an earnest step to help children develop the right behaviour which would create joy and happiness in their lives and in the lives of those around them. Education experts define the most important skills for the twenty first century students of a global society, as the 4 C’s – critical thinking, communication, collaboration and creativity. But, Sri Sathya Sai Loka Seva Gurukulam considers the 5th C – character over and above the 4 C’s, and as the most important. Simply put, Character is the ability to do the right thing always.
The Sri Sathya Sai Loka Seva Gurukulam, has a child-centric, balanced and insightful approach, where learning is truly a joy. Previously known as Sri Sathya Sai Loka Seva Group of Institutions and recently rechristened and re-oriented to form Sri Sathya Sai Loka Seva Gurukulam, it will continue to impart free values based integral education that helps build character in the children, and make them selfless servitors of the society. Spiritual Education along with academic subjects will be imparted from grade six onwards.
The integral system of education at the Sri Sathya Sai Loka Seva Gurukulam will contribute its might to the cause of nation building, by creating strong individuals with a wonderful synthesis of competent Hands, brilliant Heads and compassionate Hearts, the 3H formula – the trinity which makes a true human being.
There are four aspirational characteristics displayed by the individual who has passed through the Sri Sathya Sai Loka Seva Gurukulam system of education:
Sarve Jnanopasampannaha (सर्वे ज्ञानोपसंपन्नाः)
1. Knowledge on all the matters of the world – a Complete personality.
- Academic excellence pertaining to subject knowledge
- Life skills like communication technology, inter-personal relations, cooking, maintenance, driving etc.
Sarve Samudita Gunaihi (सर्वे समुदित गुणै:)
2. Repositories of all the good qualities that emanate spontaneously.
- Love, kindness, compassion, dutifulness, discipline, patriotism, service-mindedness etc.
Sarve Vedavidaha Dheeraaha (सर्वे वेदविदःधीराः)
3. Knowledgeable about ancient Indian wisdom – the Bharathiya culture
- Study of spiritual texts and philosophies
- Discrimination between right and wrong
Sarve Lokahithe Rathaaha (सर्वे लोकहिते रताः)
4. Ever engaged in the welfare of the world
- Dedicated to society at large
- Using one’s professional skills and knowledge to help others
Our Popular Courses
- The time frame of completion of a course depends on the number of chapters in a particular course
- Every chapter needs to be completed within the time frame of 15 to 30 days
- The minimum number of days you are advised to reflect on a chapter is 15 days and not lesser than that
- Upon completion of a chapter within 15 days or 30 days, the subsequent chapter opens accordingly
- If you fall through to complete a chapter with in the maximum time limit of 30 days, you are requested to kindly re-enroll yourself to start again this time, with renewed vigour
- You are allowed to take the test for a chapter for a maximum of three times, beyond which you are requested to re-enroll yourself and spend quality time to understand the contents of the chapter, this time with rejuvenated interest
- Sri Sathya Sai University for Human Excellence will acknowledge your interest and effort taken, to understand and complete the course, by issuing an online diploma certificate at the end of successful completion of a course